Monday, June 14, 2021

Samoa Language week - Umu

Food-Taro,Pig/pork,lula,Chop suey,Taro leaves,Rice,raw fish,

People-Mr T,Mr Tryel, (Lawrence and Jasma) Aden and Ayla’s parents,Marcella (Damian's Mum), Maria (Koloa’s Nana
















Friday was the best day of my life because we had an umu, but it was the last day Miss Haslem was at our school. It was also the last day of Samoa language week. The people that were helping with umu were Mr
T, Mr Tryel, (Lawrence and Jasma) Aden and Ayla’s parents, Marcella (Damin’s Mum), and Maria (Koloa’s Nana.



Before we went to see the umu, we went to room 6 assembly. After room 6 assembly we went to see the umu. When we went to the umu there was newspaper over the top of the food and there were hot rock’s as well. Then when the food was cooked,me, Joseph, John, Deakin, and Aden went to put the food in the hall. 


Then after we went to put the food in the hall we went back to class and lined up.


  The food looked so yummy I would just want to demolish the food. But then I had to wait in line. It was so long, but finally I got to pick my food. The food I got was fa’i chop suey and cooked chicken. The chop suey was so yum I got some more and I demolished it. Lastly it was the end of the day so we packed our bags and said our prayers then went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment